Saturday, February 7, 2009

We have all had a pretty good week. The boys have really enjoyed getting back into the routine of school since being off for a week due to snow and ice. Slade has officially moved to the 1 year old room where they sleep on cots instead of a crib and eat regular food and drink out of a sippy cup. I ended my week of school with "Smile Kentucky", a program where dentists from the community donate their time, skills, and supplies to help many less fortunate children who badly need dental care. They come to the school on Friday which is set up to move these kids through, doing thousands of dollars worth of free dental care. We all participate, along with the private practice dentists. It is a great thing......and great that it is over....imagine hundreds of elementary school kids running crazy through the halls and rooms of our school. It was a success and I look forward to participating next year as a senior student. My heart is heavy these days as I have been reading friends of friends of friends blogs that are extremely sad. Example, a little two year old girl named Tuesday Fiona recently lost her battle with neuroblastoma. She was an adorable identical twin and she was only diagnosed last July or so. I feel for her family, her sister who will no doubt someday ask why she never got to grow up with her twin, and most of all I feel for her, as she suffered so through her last days with pain and confusion over what was happening to her. There are so many people every day who have life changing disasters happen while we struggle over relatively unimportant things. Little Tuesday who I never knew, may you rest in peace.
Hendrix had his first Bball game in two weeks thanks to the snow. Here is a clip of a rebound and shot he made during the game today.

2 comments:

DiPaola Momma said...

I just read a comment you left for the Witt family on the post about Tuesday's memorial fund. I wanted you to know that it effected me much the same way for days. I couldn't understand why it was so hard either. But I think maybe some of us just have an empathy that is deeper than most. Not that others don't care but that we feel it more than usual. I felt better sending my love to them on a paper heart that my bloggy friend Tamara from Mad Boastings of a Cheapskate Mom took to the memorial service. I also did the virtual Wagie Ride and posted about it. And we made a donation to the Witt family. All those things made it feel a bit less heavy on my heart. I'm hoping that you too are now feeling better. I hope your son is feeling MUCH better now as well! Thanks for sharing.

DiPaola Momma said...

BTW, did you see the post today about "Signs"?