Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New happenings.......I have started school back with a bang. After getting many patients "treatment planned" I am now doing a lot of Dentistry which is stressful and demanding, but also fun and interesting. I am finding it more difficult each day to commute an hour back and fourth every day with two kids at home and with Hendrix doing more activities, which is why I am glad things are starting to wind down with school and I will be finished next year, thankfully.

Hendrix had his first basketball game on Saturday which went way better than expected. Since he is playing with 5 and 6 year olds and since the goal is 7 1/2 feet, I didn't really expect Hendrix to shoot, and honestly, just hoped he would stay on the court during a game. He caught on much more than I thought and besides a size difference, you can't tell he is two years younger than everyone. He even made two baskets on Saturday!!! I wish I would have video taped that. I didn't even have my camera because...............this brings me to my next subject....

Slade started getting sick at the end of last week and I had a bag packed for the Hospital on Sat, however we did not end up going and I was able to rush to Hendrix's game at the last minute....BUT......Slade got worse and was hospitalized Monday morning with pneumonia, in respiratory distress and fever.....really sick baby! He was released today and although we have a lot of medicines, he is feeling much better and I will be back to school tomorrow. He however will stay out of daycare until Tues or Wed of next week. Thank goodness for Nana and Daddy who can take off and stay with him. Here is a picture of him yesturday. He caught right on to the whole I.V. thing, but it was awful putting it in. You really can't tell how sick he is in the picture because he is his usual happy self!

No comments: