Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations President Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really don't know what else to say. Despite living in one of the most backward thinking states on the planet, Obama won, and he won big, which I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone reading this, but I am just so happy and proud that he won so definitively. I have shed many tears of happiness as I'm sure many have. I guess I didn't realize how much I felt invested in this election and it's just so hard being in Ky sometimes where I feel like a fish out of water, so HOW WONDERFUL to know I AM in the majority, and I'm not the crazy one here. I took Hendrix to vote yesturday and tried my best to explain things to him but I'm not sure he really got it. They did however have kids voting which he took part in and, of course, he voted for Obama who he still thinks is part of the family as much as we have talked about him over the past months. I am just so proud that our country is truly in a place where race doesn't matter.....I think it says something for how far we've come, how much hope we can still have that anything can happen, and sets a president for how things will be done in the future. Today, I am REALLY "proud to be an American"!!! Good day to all!!!

No comments: