I came up over a hill on a local highway in our county where the speed limit is fifty five and a car seemed to be stopped in the middle of the road. All I know is I remember seeing the rear of the car a split second before we hit......going 55mph!!!(it registered as it is supposed to when the air bags are deployed). Needless to say it was a horrible wreck. I am lucky that I had a very good car that protected me perfectly from major harm but the passenger in the little piece of crap truck involved was hurt badly. He was elderly and he shattered his pelvis and broke some ribs, which is kind of weird as they were hit from behind and there was no damage to the cab at all, but he is very old and probably wasn't wearing his seatbelt. I found out later that the truck was going to turn on a road off this highway (yes they have a few little roads now off this highway to turn even though the speed limit is 55 and there are NO TURNING LANES. So, I learned a lot of lessons for sure, mainly that anything can happen at any time. I still don'tknow why the truck was at a complete stop, except that they were older gentlemen. Anyway, I am very glad that I am here to be writing this right now and thankful that the kids werent with me and no one was killed. We now have a civic hybrid that I will drive during the week to school and back since I drive an hour each way. We also have another pilot. I loved my first one, it has a five star crash rating as does the civic and it saved my life. I don't think we will have anything else but Hondas from here on out. The pilot is still mine but with gas prices so high my husband will get the leather heated seats and sunroof most of the time during the week. Yes, I am mourning my loss a little but we will save hundreds of dollars not driving the pilot 100miles per day. Well, hope all is well with everyone reading this.......and stay safe!!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Well, here are our new cars:


................And here is why:


I came up over a hill on a local highway in our county where the speed limit is fifty five and a car seemed to be stopped in the middle of the road. All I know is I remember seeing the rear of the car a split second before we hit......going 55mph!!!(it registered as it is supposed to when the air bags are deployed). Needless to say it was a horrible wreck. I am lucky that I had a very good car that protected me perfectly from major harm but the passenger in the little piece of crap truck involved was hurt badly. He was elderly and he shattered his pelvis and broke some ribs, which is kind of weird as they were hit from behind and there was no damage to the cab at all, but he is very old and probably wasn't wearing his seatbelt. I found out later that the truck was going to turn on a road off this highway (yes they have a few little roads now off this highway to turn even though the speed limit is 55 and there are NO TURNING LANES. So, I learned a lot of lessons for sure, mainly that anything can happen at any time. I still don'tknow why the truck was at a complete stop, except that they were older gentlemen. Anyway, I am very glad that I am here to be writing this right now and thankful that the kids werent with me and no one was killed. We now have a civic hybrid that I will drive during the week to school and back since I drive an hour each way. We also have another pilot. I loved my first one, it has a five star crash rating as does the civic and it saved my life. I don't think we will have anything else but Hondas from here on out. The pilot is still mine but with gas prices so high my husband will get the leather heated seats and sunroof most of the time during the week. Yes, I am mourning my loss a little but we will save hundreds of dollars not driving the pilot 100miles per day. Well, hope all is well with everyone reading this.......and stay safe!!
I came up over a hill on a local highway in our county where the speed limit is fifty five and a car seemed to be stopped in the middle of the road. All I know is I remember seeing the rear of the car a split second before we hit......going 55mph!!!(it registered as it is supposed to when the air bags are deployed). Needless to say it was a horrible wreck. I am lucky that I had a very good car that protected me perfectly from major harm but the passenger in the little piece of crap truck involved was hurt badly. He was elderly and he shattered his pelvis and broke some ribs, which is kind of weird as they were hit from behind and there was no damage to the cab at all, but he is very old and probably wasn't wearing his seatbelt. I found out later that the truck was going to turn on a road off this highway (yes they have a few little roads now off this highway to turn even though the speed limit is 55 and there are NO TURNING LANES. So, I learned a lot of lessons for sure, mainly that anything can happen at any time. I still don'tknow why the truck was at a complete stop, except that they were older gentlemen. Anyway, I am very glad that I am here to be writing this right now and thankful that the kids werent with me and no one was killed. We now have a civic hybrid that I will drive during the week to school and back since I drive an hour each way. We also have another pilot. I loved my first one, it has a five star crash rating as does the civic and it saved my life. I don't think we will have anything else but Hondas from here on out. The pilot is still mine but with gas prices so high my husband will get the leather heated seats and sunroof most of the time during the week. Yes, I am mourning my loss a little but we will save hundreds of dollars not driving the pilot 100miles per day. Well, hope all is well with everyone reading this.......and stay safe!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Yikes! Scary! Glad you are okay and the kids weren't with you. I do like the new vehicles though.
Post a Comment